Simulation of Microstructure Evolution of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy during Isothermal heating process Based on Cellular Automata
- Zhongtang Wang, Lingyi Wang, Shengdong Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Zhongtang Wang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.37How to use a DOI?
- Magnesium alloy, AZ31, isothermal heating, cellular Automata, dynamic recrystallization.
- Microstructure evolution of dynamic recrystallization of AZ31 magnesium alloy during isothermal heating process was simulated by cellular automaton method (CA method). When heat holding time is constant, the grain size of AZ31 magnesium alloy increases significantly with the increase of heating temperature. When heating temperature is constant, the grain size increases slightly with increase of holding time. By compared CA simulation results with experimental results, the maximum relative error is 16.5%. It is proved that cellular automaton method may be used to predict the microstructure evolution of AZ31 magnesium alloy during isothermal heating process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhongtang Wang AU - Lingyi Wang AU - Shengdong Gao PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Simulation of Microstructure Evolution of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy during Isothermal heating process Based on Cellular Automata BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.37 ID - Wang2017/06 ER -