Effect of micronization on Physicochemical Properties of Tapioca Starch
- Yang Hu, Wen Xia, Jihua Li, Fei Wang, Xiaoyi Wei, Yanyun Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Yang Hu
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.68How to use a DOI?
- Micronization; Tapioca starch; solubility; swelling; enzymolysis.
- The purpose of this study was to investigate the physicochemical properties of tapioca starch (TS) after micronization.The thermal properties analysis suggested that the gelatinization temperature was decreased after the treatment of micronization and decreased with increasing processing time. Solubility and swelling properties analysis showed that the solubility of TS was dramatically increased from 0.93%, 1.94%, 3.59%, 20.90%, 24.71% to 81.63%, 87.15%, 92.67%, 94.19%, 95.50% after micronization at 50øC, 60øC, 70øC, 80øC and 90øC respectively, while the swelling was decreased. Enzymolysis analysis demonstrated that the enzymatic hydrolysis rate was significantly increased after micronization from 0.0012 g/min to 0.1493 g/min. These results provided the basic information on the physicochemical properties of tapioca starch after micronization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yang Hu AU - Wen Xia AU - Jihua Li AU - Fei Wang AU - Xiaoyi Wei AU - Yanyun Lin PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Effect of micronization on Physicochemical Properties of Tapioca Starch BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.68 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.68 ID - Hu2017/06 ER -