Numerical Simulation of Damping Capacity between Injector-Formed Baffle and Normal Blade Baffle in a Kero/LOX Liquid Rocket Engine
- Kangkang Guo, Wansheng Nie, Yu Liu, Honghua Cai
- Corresponding Author
- Kangkang Guo
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.110How to use a DOI?
- Kero/LOX liquid rocket engine, high frequency combustion instability, heat release, thermo-acoustic coupling, injector-formed baffle, normal blade baffle.
- The topic of this paper is the damping capacity of injector-formed baffle and normal blade baffle in a liquid rocket propellant rocket engine. High frequency combustion instability of a liquid rocket engine is investigated numerically, and the mechanism of high frequency unstable combustion is analyzed. Results shows that the pressure oscillates in phase with the heat release, which is accord with the Rayleigh criterion. Injector-formed baffle and two kinds of normal blade baffle are designed and calculated when all three kinds of length of baffle is 30mm. Numerical results demonstrate that injector-formed baffle can suppress the 1T mode instability completely while other two kinds of normal blade baffle can't. A conclusion can be reached that injector-formed baffle has higher damping capacity, which results from the viscous or frictional force from gaps between two adjoining injectors. Further speaking, viscous force generating from gaps can dissipates the oscillation energy quickly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kangkang Guo AU - Wansheng Nie AU - Yu Liu AU - Honghua Cai PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Numerical Simulation of Damping Capacity between Injector-Formed Baffle and Normal Blade Baffle in a Kero/LOX Liquid Rocket Engine BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.110 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.110 ID - Guo2017/06 ER -