Three Dimensional Numerical Simulation for the Effect of Quasi-DC Plasma on Ethylene-Air Jet Flow In Scramjet Combustor
- Zhi Zheng, Wansheng Nie, Xueke Che, Jinlong Li, Zheng Zhang, Siyin Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Zhi Zheng
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.112How to use a DOI?
- numerical simulation, quasi-DC plasma, scramjet combustor, flow field.
- To study the effect of quasi-DC discharge plasma on the cold flow field, under the low equivalent ratio of ethylene and air in the combustor of scramjet, a quasi-DC discharge plasma model crossed the front wall of the cavity has been settled. Under the different plasma actuation intensity, the effect of plasma on combustion chamber temperature, pressure distribution, cavity drag force characteristics and mass exchange rate of the cavity are numerically studied. The results showed that, the quasi-DC plasma improved the temperature in the cavity obviously. Due to the plasma "cutting" effect on the shear layer, the impact of the shear layer on the rear edge of the cavity has been weakened. With the increasing of the plasma actuation intensity, the drag force of the cavity decreases slightly, meanwhile, the mass exchange rate of the cavity increases remarkably.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhi Zheng AU - Wansheng Nie AU - Xueke Che AU - Jinlong Li AU - Zheng Zhang AU - Siyin Zhou PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Three Dimensional Numerical Simulation for the Effect of Quasi-DC Plasma on Ethylene-Air Jet Flow In Scramjet Combustor BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.112 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.112 ID - Zheng2017/06 ER -