Experiment on Jet Flow Control by SDBD Plasma Actuator
- Jinlong Li, Xiuqian LI, Zheng Zhang, Xueke Che, Wansheng Nie, Zhi Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Jinlong Li
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.113How to use a DOI?
- jet flow, plasma actuator, surface dielectric barrier discharge, flow control.
- Single and twin jet flow control by surface dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuator is studied in this paper. The plasma actuator is placed on the exit of a rectangular nozzle and particle image velocimetry method is adopted to measure the jet flow velocity and conduct flow visualization. The test results prove that surface dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuator can disturb the boundary layer in the single jet, which changing the original symmetrical vortex structure, then the spreading performance can be improved. In the twin jet, the plasma actuator causes the shear layer instability, which can increase jet width significantly and show a mixing enhancement.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jinlong Li AU - Xiuqian LI AU - Zheng Zhang AU - Xueke Che AU - Wansheng Nie AU - Zhi Zheng PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Experiment on Jet Flow Control by SDBD Plasma Actuator BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.113 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.113 ID - Li2017/06 ER -