Numerical Study of Non-Equilibrium Plasma Assisted Combustion on Spacecraft Rocket Engine
- Zheng Zhang, Xueke Che, Jinlong Li, Wansheng Nie, Zhi Zheng, Siyin Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Zheng Zhang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.117How to use a DOI?
- non-equilibrium plasma, plasma-assisted combustion, rocket engine, numerical simulation.
- The non-equilibrium plasma has unique advantages in ignition and combustion. In this paper, the plasma-assisted combustion scheme of the spacecraft rocket engine is designed. The numerical simulation method is used to study the influence of non - equilibrium plasma on the combustion in GH2/GO2 single co-axial injector rocket engine. Mainly to consider the plasma chemical kinetics, the discharge generated O, H and OH are added to the flow field as source term. The simulation results show that the temperature in the axial area increases with the increase of the chemical reaction rate in the combustion chamber, and the mixing effect of hydrogen and oxygen can be improved.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zheng Zhang AU - Xueke Che AU - Jinlong Li AU - Wansheng Nie AU - Zhi Zheng AU - Siyin Zhou PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Numerical Study of Non-Equilibrium Plasma Assisted Combustion on Spacecraft Rocket Engine BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.117 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.117 ID - Zhang2017/06 ER -