Research on Image Edge Detection Algorithm Based on Eigenvector and Improved BP Neural Network
- Mingyang Yu, Xiaoyu Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Mingyang Yu
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.128How to use a DOI?
- Edge detection, eigenvector, BP neural network, improved algorithm, filter out noise.
- The purpose of edge detection is to distinguish different regions of the image, usually the edge information is determined by the gray-scale change between regions. In the image with noise, the traditional edge detection method is easy to determine the noise as the edge point. While adding filtering measures can reduce noise, it also reduces edge information. In this paper, an edge detection method based on eigenvector and improved BP neural network is proposed. The eigenvector of the pixel is composed of differential and median value of the grayscale. Select the sample image to extract the eigenvector of each pixel and enter the BP network for training. Through the error between output value and the tutor signal to adjust network parameters. The improved BP network with learning rate self-regulation and momentum factor can improve the network performance . After the training is completed, use the Cameraman image for edge detection and compared with the traditional detection methods. Experiments show that the method can remove the noise while preserving the edge.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mingyang Yu AU - Xiaoyu Huang PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Research on Image Edge Detection Algorithm Based on Eigenvector and Improved BP Neural Network BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.128 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.128 ID - Yu2017/06 ER -