The Scale and Characteristics Strength of SURF Feature Points Adaptive Matching Algorithm
- Xiaotong Hu, Hui Ren, Nan Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaotong Hu
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.166How to use a DOI?
- Image registration, SURF, scale, feature point.
- In order to improve the matching precision of the SURF image feature points, we study the relationship among the scale of the SURF feature points, the characteristics of strength and matching precision. Then, a feature point matching algorithm of SURF image feature is proposed, which is adaptive to the feature point scale and characteristic strength. On the basis research of the scale and characteristics strength of SURF feature points, we found that the larger the scale of feature points set, the lower the matching precision will be; and the higher the intensity of characteristic, the matching precision are higher, but the number is less. Therefore, the using of the adaptive algorithm which can match the different scales of feature points with different characteristics strength threshold can keep the balance between the feature point matching precision and the quantity of matching feature points pairs, and realize the high precision of SURF feature points matching. The experimental shows that, compared with the traditional algorithm of SURF, this algorithm can obtain more precise matching feature points pairs.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaotong Hu AU - Hui Ren AU - Nan Liu PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - The Scale and Characteristics Strength of SURF Feature Points Adaptive Matching Algorithm BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.166 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.166 ID - Hu2017/06 ER -