Microwave Drying Machine for Sea Bass Leathers
- Tantiviwat Sugchai, Sudram Arkom, Chanthong Apirun, Kerdthongmee Priwan
- Corresponding Author
- Tantiviwat Sugchai
Available Online April 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amsee-16.2016.26How to use a DOI?
- microwave drying; dehydration; rate of drying; sea bass leathers
- Microwave drying is a dehydration process that is often used to preserve a food or material. In this study, sea bass leathers were dried by microwave technique. In order to improve the productivity, the microwave energy was applied to decrease the drying time. The sea bass leathers were dried to the desired final moisture content, whereby 70-80 oC hot air for baking are generated by the heating process from magnetrons and three levels, power microwave consists of approximately 60 %, 50 %, 30 % and drying time are 15-30 minutes based on power ON per unit of total magnetron respectively. The relation between the final applied parameters of microwave power, number of magnetron and the temperature is presented as well. This method can be applied in dehydration with microwave techniques.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tantiviwat Sugchai AU - Sudram Arkom AU - Chanthong Apirun AU - Kerdthongmee Priwan PY - 2016/04 DA - 2016/04 TI - Microwave Drying Machine for Sea Bass Leathers BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Materials Science and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amsee-16.2016.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amsee-16.2016.26 ID - Sugchai2016/04 ER -