The Contribution of Vocational Competence Learning to the Creativity in Apparel Making among Vocational School Students
- Sitti Aisyah, Djoko Kustono, Syamsul Hadi
- Corresponding Author
- Sitti Aisyah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.3How to use a DOI?
- vocational competence learning, creativity in apparel making
- Creativity is very fundamental in apparel making and can be developed through appropriate learning processes. The question that needs to be addressed is how to develop students’ creative potentials through learning processes, especially in the vocational school for fashion design. This study aims to investigate: 1) the outcome of vocational competence learning among vocational school students; 2) the level of creativity in apparel making among vocational school students; 3) the contribution of vocational competence learning to the creativity in apparel making among vocational school students. The sample in this study was 55 students from two vocational schools of fashion design in Makassar, South Sulawesi. Descriptive data indicated that the learning outcome of vocational competence among vocational school students was satisfactory. The level of students' creativity in apparel making apparel was classified as moderately high. From inferential statistical analysis it was concluded that the vocational competence learning contributed significantly to the creativity of apparel making. The results of this study confirm that the learning activities performed at vocational school can improve students’ creativity, which aims to support the competence formation and adaptability development for working the industrial sector.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sitti Aisyah AU - Djoko Kustono AU - Syamsul Hadi PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Contribution of Vocational Competence Learning to the Creativity in Apparel Making among Vocational School Students BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.3 ID - Aisyah2018/07 ER -