Learning Type, Learning Motivation, and Grade Performance Achievement of Students in Vocational Higher Education
- Anas Arfandi, Akshari Lopa
- Corresponding Author
- Anas Arfandi
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.6How to use a DOI?
- Skills learning type, learning motivation, vocational higher education
- Learners have different ways of understanding a subject matter. Teacher adjustment to the characteristics of learners greatly helps learners in achieving mastery learning. Learners who are highly motivated in learning have a great opportunity in obtaining high learning achievement. The purpose of this study was: 1) to describe the learning type of students. 2) to explain the learning motivation of students. 3) to describe the students' GPA based on their learning type. 4) to explain the influence of learning type of learners to the students' GPA. 5) to describe the influence of learning motivation on the students' GPA. 6) to explain the effect simultaneously between the types of learning and learning motivation on the students' cumulative achievement index. This research is a survey research. The subject of this research was the students of the department of civil and planning engineering education Universitas Negeri Makassar. Data were collected using a questionnaire and documentation. The data was analyzed descriptively and inferential analysis. The results showed: first, Students in the department of civil and planning engineering education Universitas Negeri Makassar had dominant in kinesthetic learning types, and 81% of them were women. Second, 90% of learners have high learning motivation, although there are still learners have low learning motivation. Third, Learners with Visual learning types have the highest GPA compared to other types of learning such as Auditorial and Kinaesthetic. Forth, The type of visual learning has a positive and significant influence on the GPA, while the auditory and kinesthetic learning types do not affect. Fifth, The motivation of learning has a positive and significant influence on the GPA. Sixth, The type of learning and motivation to learn simultaneously provides a positive and significant impact on the GPA.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Anas Arfandi AU - Akshari Lopa PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Learning Type, Learning Motivation, and Grade Performance Achievement of Students in Vocational Higher Education BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.6 ID - Arfandi2018/07 ER -