Developing Integrated Curriculum with Environmental Education at Vocational High School
- Warju Warju, Sudirman Ariyanto, Lutfi Muzaki
- Corresponding Author
- Warju Warju
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.5How to use a DOI?
- curriculum, green school (adiwiyata) program, environmental education
- The issue of the environment is an important topic that needs serious attention. Global warming and environmental pollution is one proof that human activity has a direct impact on environmental preservation. The purpose of this study was to determine how the ideal concept of curriculum development of automotive engineering study program integrated with the environmental education (EE) at vocational high school. The research method was used in this research is a literature review. The data collected by conducting a literature review of scientific books, research reports, scientific articles, theses and dissertations, regulations, laws, and other sources related to the matter being investigated. The results showed that, conceptually, the model of curriculum development of automotive engineering study program integrated with EE at vocational high school is an ideal model if implemented by the green school (called here after, ‘adiwiyata’) program. The model has a solid foundation because it is developed through the several steps that must be done sequentially starting from the first step up to the last stage. First, the schools should conduct a curriculum study. Second, the schools conduct a SWOT analysis to sort out the factors that affect the four categories of the adiwiyata program. It is environmental policy, implementation of environmentally-based curriculum, participatory-based ecological activities, and management of environmentally-friendly automotive technology. Third, the schools develop an action plan to determine the set of policies and targets to be achieved. Fourth, the school develops curriculum based on four components of the adiwiyata program. Fifth, the expected results are graduated who have the expertise competence and have a good behavior towards the environment by the concept of sustainable development.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Warju Warju AU - Sudirman Ariyanto AU - Lutfi Muzaki PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Developing Integrated Curriculum with Environmental Education at Vocational High School BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.5 ID - Warju2018/07 ER -