Strategy to Develop the Ability of Creative Thinking Using Problem-Based Learning Model in Light Vehicle Engineering Competences of Vocational Education
- Suparji Suparji, Luthfiyah Nurlaela, Bima Putra
- Corresponding Author
- Suparji Suparji
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.18How to use a DOI?
- teaching and learning process, creative thinking skills, vocational high schools
- The results of several studies revealed that the level of creative thinking ability of middle school students is still low, including ones of vocational high schools. Therefore, learning strategies that can improve the ability of high-level thinking, one of which is the ability of creative thinking, is required. This study aimed to develop problem-based learning tools to improve the creative thinking skills of vocational school students. In addition, it was to describe the process of applying problem-based learning model to improve students' creative thinking ability. The research instrument used was learning tool including syllabus, lesson plan, student activity sheet, and test result of creative thinking. Data collection employed test, observation, and questionnaire. Data analysis used descriptive analysis and t test to differentiate learning outcomes before and after problem based learning process. The results showed that the tool of problem-based learning model could improve students' creative thinking ability indicated by the difference in learning outcomes before and after the learning process based on the problem is significant. In addition to these results, it also proved that the implementation of problem-based learning was very effective and the students’ responses to learning with the model were good.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Suparji Suparji AU - Luthfiyah Nurlaela AU - Bima Putra PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Strategy to Develop the Ability of Creative Thinking Using Problem-Based Learning Model in Light Vehicle Engineering Competences of Vocational Education BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.18 ID - Suparji2018/07 ER -