Inquiry-Based Learning to Students’ Creative Thinking Skills in Vocational High School
- Luthfiyah Nurlaela, Suparji Suparji, Karno Budi, Sheila Pratama, Yuyun Irawati
- Corresponding Author
- Luthfiyah Nurlaela
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.19How to use a DOI?
- Inquiry Based Learning, Creative Thinking Skills, Vocational High School.
- Based on the observation in the vocational high school, the students’ creative thinking skill was still low. This is because there is no collaboration between learners and teachers to solve problems. Also, there is lack of opportunities given to learners to find their own knowledge. This study developed the inquiry-based learning tools to enhance students' creative thinking skills in vocational high schools. The purpose of this study was to: 1) describe whether validation of learning devices declared from the expert worthy of use in learning; 2) analyze the implementation of learning tools on the inquiry-based learning process; 3) analyze the activities of learners during the learning activities; 4) analyze the learning outcomes of creative thinking skill obtained by learners before and after implementing inquiry-based learning; and 5) analyze learners' responses to the learning activities. Learning tools developed in this study include syllabus, lesson plan, student activity sheet, and test of creative thinking skill. Data collection was done by test, observation, and questionnaire. Data analysis was done by descriptive analysis and t-test. The results showed that: 1) validation of learning tools from experts declared appropriate for use in learning; 2) the implementation of lesson plan obtained the criteria performed very well, appropriately, systematically, and on time; 3) the activities of the learners during the learning activities were in accordance with the inquiry-based learning stages; 4) there was a significant difference to the improvement of creative thinking learning result test obtained by learners before and after inquiry based learning; and 5) the learners’ responses to inquiry-based learning activities were in good categories.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Luthfiyah Nurlaela AU - Suparji Suparji AU - Karno Budi AU - Sheila Pratama AU - Yuyun Irawati PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Inquiry-Based Learning to Students’ Creative Thinking Skills in Vocational High School BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.19 ID - Nurlaela2018/07 ER -