The Best Practice of Vocational Education Development in Developed Country: Reference Framework for Developing Vocational Education in Indonesia
- Edy Sulistiyo, Djoko Kustono
- Corresponding Author
- Edy Sulistiyo
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.44How to use a DOI?
- vocational education Indonesia National Qualification Framework, internship, teacher qualification, mismatch skills
- Efforts to be made in the development of Vocational Education in Indonesia include creating a roadmap for SMK development and refining and aligning the SMK curriculum with competencies according to the needs of the graduates (link and match) to increase the relevance of vocational education not yet in accordance with the needs of the world of work. Best practice analysis is needed to guide the framework of the development of vocational education in the countries of Asean, Germany and South Korea in comparison with the conditions of vocational education in Indonesia. The results of the analysis showed the importance of in-depth study in order to increase the interest in studying in vocational education, better implementation of KKNI (Indonesian National Qualification Framework), introduction of apprenticeship system by adapting vocational education in Germany, vocational education teachers' qualifications adapting the vocational education teacher recruitment system in Germany, the internationalization of vocational education and training aims to provide students with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies in the international labor market and multicultural society, efforts to increase the number of SMK graduates adapting vocational education in South Korea in which graduates working in the business world at least 3 years period can continue to college without having to take college entrance exams, and efforts to minimize the problem of 'skill mismatch' required mechanisms linking curriculum education in the school with the expected competence of the business world / industrial world so that the type of work competence required for a particular job in accordance with the education taken.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Edy Sulistiyo AU - Djoko Kustono PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Best Practice of Vocational Education Development in Developed Country: Reference Framework for Developing Vocational Education in Indonesia BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.44 ID - Sulistiyo2018/07 ER -