Development of Visual Block Programming Software for Supporting the Basic Programming Class in Vocational High School
- Rustam Asnawi, I Gede Nuarsa
- Corresponding Author
- Rustam Asnawi
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.74How to use a DOI?
- programming, visual block, learning media
- This study aims to design and develop the learning media of visual block programming, and to know the level of eligibility of instructional media for the Basic Programming subjects in vocational high school. The research approached to Research and Development (R & D). The overall stages in this research as follows: requirement analysis, product design, product development (including coding), product testing and feasibility tests. The results showed that visual block programming as learning media was working in accordance with the expectation. This was indicated by each sensor module that can detect the change of the given stimulus (the output is displayed in the monitor screen). The results of feasibility test by course material and instructional media experts got score 79% that was in "Eligible” category, and 80% that was included in the category of "Eligible". The result of feasibility test obtained from the users (students in vocational high school) was included in "Very Eligible" category, which was valid to be used as a learning media.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rustam Asnawi AU - I Gede Nuarsa PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Development of Visual Block Programming Software for Supporting the Basic Programming Class in Vocational High School BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.74 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.74 ID - Asnawi2018/07 ER -