Social E-Book Reader: Development of Interactional Model and Quality Analysis User Experience of E-Book Reader based Social Learning
- Osiany Nurlansa, Ratna Wardani
- Corresponding Author
- Osiany Nurlansa
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.75How to use a DOI?
- user experience, user interface, e-book reader, goal direct design, social learning, social e-book reader
- This research aims to develop and produce user interface recommendation of Social E-Book Reader application that can accommodate two-way interaction model and learning style in social learning according to user's habit and requirement tested with User Experience Questionnaire (UEQ) standard. The development design uses the Goal Direct Design (GDD) procedure consisting of (a) preliminary observation using the Educational Usefulness and User Interface Usability aspects of the Research phase, (b) making the product personality and user activity design in the Modeling stage, (c) based on the persona at the Requirement stage, (d) create the product framework at the Framework stage, (e) realize the application user interface in the mobile device in Refinement stage, (f) and the feasibility test using UEQ at the Support stage. There are 10 book readers at the initial observation stage and 34 students as subjects on the feasibility test of interaction based on user experience. Data collection techniques used questionnaires, direct observation, and interviews. The data analysis technique uses UEQ standard calculation consisting of six scales with 26 items. Each item has scaled from -3 to +3 with Benchmark calculations, Confidence Interval values, correlation per item and Cronbach Alpha correlation. In this test, the processed data is from student ratings (book readers) to new interactions offered on Social E-Book Reader. The results indicate that a new innovation in social interaction with Social E-Book Reader makes it more prominent in factors related to non-task related quality aspects or about the renewal of existing e-book readers (Hedonism).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Osiany Nurlansa AU - Ratna Wardani PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Social E-Book Reader: Development of Interactional Model and Quality Analysis User Experience of E-Book Reader based Social Learning BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.75 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.75 ID - Nurlansa2018/07 ER -