DILA Learning Model based on Contextual Teaching and Learning in Applied Physics Course at Mining Engineering
- Fadhilah Fadhilah, Z Mawardi Efendi, Ridwan Ridwan
- Corresponding Author
- Fadhilah Fadhilah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.76How to use a DOI?
- Applied Physics, Mining Engineering, DILA Learning Model
- Applied physics as a science is used to understand other sciences and as a basis for technological development. Learning Physics not only learns facts, concepts, principles, and laws, but also learns how to learn physics to gain information, scientific work steps, and the application of science and technology. This study found a learning model that can link learning materials with contextual application. Contextual Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a contextual learning model that has not had its own syntax, only has seven principles in its implementation. It is important to do research that develops the CTL model into a learning model that has syntax so that it can be used at the same time in its learning stages. This study resulted in the DILA learning model developed from seven CTL principles with the IDI development procedure (Instructional Development Institute). DILA learning model has syntax Display, Inquiry, Learning Community and Authentic Assessment. This model was validated by the experts and tested experimentally on the D3 Mining Engineering students FT UNP with 19 students in the control class and 31 students in the experimental class. Model validation shows 0.81 practicality 0,84 and effectiveness can improve student learning result of experimental class significantly on 95% confidence level and effect size 0,82.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fadhilah Fadhilah AU - Z Mawardi Efendi AU - Ridwan Ridwan PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - DILA Learning Model based on Contextual Teaching and Learning in Applied Physics Course at Mining Engineering BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.76 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.76 ID - Fadhilah2018/07 ER -