Electrical Kindling Rat Model Preparation and Analysis of EEG Signals
- Lijuan Shi, Yi Yu, Yun Zhao, Liuyang Xu, Xinqi He, Juntang Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Lijuan Shi
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.9How to use a DOI?
- Epilepsy, EEG signals, Electric stimulation, Bispectrum analysis.
- . Epilepsy (Epilepsy, EP) is a brain functional disorder caused by brain neurons abnormal discharge, however, the etiology and pathogenesis of epilepsy is still unclear. With the development of computer technology and digital signal processing technology, research and analysis of EEG signals is gradually applied to epilepsy. At present, a lot of epileptic rat models are adopted by the model for drugs, but they has a high fatality rate Here we Take SD rats as experimental objects, creatively using electrical stimulation method of preparation rat model of epilepsy, brain neurons in the rat hippocampus of discharge signal acquisition by CerebusTM 64 channel data acquisition system, and carries on the bispectrum analysis and processing, in order to find the effective characterization of epileptic rat brain electrical signal characteristics. The results of the study show that when rats had epileptic discharge, significantly enhanced the EEG signal is non Gaussian and non-linear, double spectrum peak increased significantly, peaks higher energy, peak position, will tend to be more in the high frequency region; and compared with the detected spikes, field potential signals of double spectrum peaks in larger quantities, the energy spectrum peaks is also higher. Therefore, bispectrum characteristics of field potentials can be used as an effective standard to identify epilepsy
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lijuan Shi AU - Yi Yu AU - Yun Zhao AU - Liuyang Xu AU - Xinqi He AU - Juntang Lin PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Electrical Kindling Rat Model Preparation and Analysis of EEG Signals BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.9 ID - Shi2016/07 ER -