Research on Functional Electrical Stimulation to Achieve Hand Gripping Action
- Xinqi He, Lijuan Shi, Liuyang Xu, Yi Yu, Yun Zhao, Juntang Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Xinqi He
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.10How to use a DOI?
- Cerebral stroke, Hand gripping action, Functional electrical stimulation
- . Functional Electrical Stimulation is a treatment method of using the output current of the functional electric stimulator to stimulate the nerves or muscles through the setting of functional electrical stimulator parameters. The motor function of the injured patients recovery the function of movement of a treatment method, which is for the treatment of the most common approach to patients caused by motor dysfunction due to damage to the nerves or muscles. There is no treatment method in medicine since the cerebral stroke caused by limb motor dysfunction, for those with normal thinking but the neural pathways blocked, the functional electrical stimulation is a promising technology in rehabilitation engineering, which can successfully recover partial motor function in patients with partial denervation. This experiment through the A-M functional electrical stimulator to adjust the output current amplitude, according to the capacity of the hand and forearm muscles giving appropriate electrical stimulation, and ultimately achieve the bending and stretching of the single finger , curving of two fingers and three fingers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xinqi He AU - Lijuan Shi AU - Liuyang Xu AU - Yi Yu AU - Yun Zhao AU - Juntang Lin PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Research on Functional Electrical Stimulation to Achieve Hand Gripping Action BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.10 ID - He2016/07 ER -