Biotherapy Effect of Shenfuweikang Herbs on Gastric Carcinoma
- Xiaoping Wang, Huanping Lin, Qiaoxia Wang, Bing Xu, Yi Li, Baoning Qi, Xuxu Wei, Pengfei Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaoping Wang
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.16How to use a DOI?
- Biotherapy, Shenfuweikang, Cytotoxicity, Immunity, Gastric cancer.
- To study the biotherapy effect of Shenfuweikang herbs in treatment of gastric cancer, Kunming mice were grafted with a mouse gastric adenocarcinoma cell line MFC. Mice received different doses of Shefuweikang herbs after grafting. Tumor size was periodically measured and tumor weight was determined after the animals sacrificed. Apoptotic indices (AI) were examined by TUNEL assay and flow cytometric analysis. Serum cytokines IFN- and granzyme B were detected by ELISA. The anti-tumor effect was determined by the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) assays. Our results demonstrated that Shefuweikang herbs could induce apoptosis and inhibit the growth of gastric cancer by activating the CTLs and eliciting the secretion of cytokines, IFN- and granzyme B. Our study suggests that Shefuweikang herbs inhibit the proliferation of gastric carcinoma by inducing the apoptosis of tumor cells and activating the effects of immune cells, which may lay a better basis for further study on gastric cancer biotherapy
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaoping Wang AU - Huanping Lin AU - Qiaoxia Wang AU - Bing Xu AU - Yi Li AU - Baoning Qi AU - Xuxu Wei AU - Pengfei Zhang PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Biotherapy Effect of Shenfuweikang Herbs on Gastric Carcinoma BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.16 ID - Wang2016/07 ER -