Synthesis and Characterization of 3-butyryloxy-16-(β-naphthylmethylene)-5α-androstane-17-one
- Hongqi Li, Qingwei Liu, Jueshu Fang, Yulong Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Hongqi Li
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.17How to use a DOI?
- Androstane, Ester, Aldol condensation, Synthesis, Characterization.
- 3-Butyryloxy-16-(β-naphthylmethylene)-5α-androstane-17-one, a novel androstanone derivative, was synthesized by aldol condensation between epiandrosterone and β-naphthaldehyde and subsequent esterification reaction. The structure of the new product was characterized by 1H NMR, 13C NMR, IR, UV and mass spectra. The new compound may have potential application as anti-cancer agent and/or 5α-reductase inhibitor.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongqi Li AU - Qingwei Liu AU - Jueshu Fang AU - Yulong Wang PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Synthesis and Characterization of 3-butyryloxy-16-(β-naphthylmethylene)-5α-androstane-17-one BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.17 ID - Li2016/07 ER -