Effects of Androgen on Female Individuals
- Xiaoli Yan, Xintong Meng, Mingsan Miao
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaoli Yan
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.25How to use a DOI?
- Androgen, Female Individual, Physiological State, Pathological State, Pharmacological State.
- Objective: To investigate the effect of androgen on female individuals. Methods: In the physiological, pathological and pharmacological conditions, we summarize the role of androgen in female individuals, analyze its current research situation, and speculate the possible research direction. Results: It was found that androgen has important effects on the physiology, pathology and pharmacology of female. Conclusion: Androgen plays an important role in maintaining the normal physiological activities of female individuals; In the pathological state of the female, index of the androgen also changed, and further affected the condition of the disease; The drug with the function of androgen has a certain effect on the female, and it also has a certain effect on the treatment of female specific diseases, In the future such drug can be developed , and they can treat the disease of women. Androgen is a steroid hormone, and it's main form is testosterone (T) under the natural state, but only free testosterone has biological activity. In the female body, androgen is in a dynamic equilibrium state. The appropriate androgen secretion plays a very important role in the physiology and behavior of women.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaoli Yan AU - Xintong Meng AU - Mingsan Miao PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Effects of Androgen on Female Individuals BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.25 ID - Yan2016/07 ER -