Molecular Mechanism of Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment of BPH based on bFGF/ERK and TGF-β /Smad Pathway
- Xiaoli Yan, Lin Guo, Mingsan Miao
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaoli Yan
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.26How to use a DOI?
- BFGF/ERK, TGF-β/Smad Pathway, Traditional Chinese Medicine, BPH.
- Objective: To investigate the molecular mechanism of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the characteristics of traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of BPH. Method: Around bFGF/ERK, TGF-β/Smad pathway and related apoptosis gene expression, By analyzing the expression of TGF-β, bFGF and their respective mRNA, ERK enzyme, Smad protein level, combined with the mechanism of traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of BPH, to explore the rule of the occurrence of BPH.. Result: Growth factor theory, hormone endocrine theory, apoptosis theory is the main mechanism of prostatic hyperplasia, BFGF/ERK, TGF-β/Smad pathway and related apoptosis gene expression were the most important in growth factor theory, Chinese medicine has obvious advantages in the treatment of BPH. Conclusion: BFGF/ERK,TGF-β/Smad pathway and the expression of related apoptotic genes on the occurrence of BPH, the development of great significance, for the treatment of BPH in traditional Chinese medicine pharmacological research and clinical treatment to provide new ideas and new methods. Benigin prostatic hyperplagia (BPH) is one of the common urinary tract diseases causing urinary dysfunction in elderly men. It has performance of urgency, frequent urination, dysuria and urinary endless and other symptoms. Two necessary conditions for the occurrence of benign prostatic hyperplasia are Relative to the elderly and the body has the function of the existence of the testis .Its incidence increased with age,the incidence of 50 years old was 30% ~ 50%,to 80 years of age up to 90% .With the accelerated process of China's population aging, the incidence of BPH is increasing year by year, the research and breakthrough for the treatment of BPH is particularly urgent.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaoli Yan AU - Lin Guo AU - Mingsan Miao PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Molecular Mechanism of Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment of BPH based on bFGF/ERK and TGF-β /Smad Pathway BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.26 ID - Yan2016/07 ER -