Globulin Conjugated Fe3O4 Nanoparticles for Magnetic Hyperthermia
- Viveka Kalidasan, Jun Ding
- Corresponding Author
- Viveka Kalidasan
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.29How to use a DOI?
- Fe3O4 Nanoparticles, Magnetic Hyperthermia, Globulin, Biocompatibility, SAR Value.
- Magnetic hyperthermia is a non-invasive cancer treatment used synergistically with the existing cancer treatments. The challenges of an efficient magnetic hyperthermia are improved biocompatibility and enhanced heating characteristics. We have addressed both the challenges by fabricating globulin conjugated iron oxide (Fe3O4) nanoparticles. The haemolysis experiments show that the globulin- Fe3O4 nanoparticles are non-haemolytic with 1.3 % haemolysis. It is observed from the magnetic hyperthermia experiments that, the Specific Absorption Rate value of the globulin- Fe3O4 nanoparticles is almost 1800 W/g, when compared to 1100 W/g of the Fe3O4 nanoparticles without globulin . This is because of the improved colloidal stability. Thus we report here that the globulin- Fe3O4 nanoparticles enhance both the biocompatibility and the SAR value for magnetic hyperthermia, thus addressing both the challenges in clinical magnetic hyperthermia.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Viveka Kalidasan AU - Jun Ding PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Globulin Conjugated Fe3O4 Nanoparticles for Magnetic Hyperthermia BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.29 ID - Kalidasan2016/07 ER -