The Osteoprotective Effect of Zhuanggu-Guanjie Pill in Orchidectomized Mice
- Xiaomei Yuan, Yanan Bi, Zeman Yan, Hong Shi, Kun Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaomei Yuan
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.44How to use a DOI?
- Zhuanggu-Guanjie Pill, Male, Mice, Osteoporosis.
- To verify the osteoprotective effect of Zhuanggu-Guanjie (ZGGJ) in male mice. The male mice were randomly divided into 6 groups: control group (sham-operation), model group (orchidectomy group), three ZGGJ groups at doses of 0.77, 1.54 and 3.08g/kg, as well as Alendronate sodium group as positive control. ZGGJ was intragastric administration daily for 8 weeks until mice were executed followed anesthesia. ZGGJ can ameliorate osteoporosis with increasing bone strength and improve trabecular bone microstructure which was proved by the Micro-CT scan. Serum osteocalcin (OC), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRACP) were examined, and the decreased OC implied the reduction of bone destruction. These results suggest that ZGGJ pill has significant therapeutic effect on osteoporosis in orchidectomized mice.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaomei Yuan AU - Yanan Bi AU - Zeman Yan AU - Hong Shi AU - Kun Zhou PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - The Osteoprotective Effect of Zhuanggu-Guanjie Pill in Orchidectomized Mice BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.44 ID - Yuan2016/07 ER -