Anticancer Activity of Oridonin Against Esophageal Cancer Cells Enhanced by Special Electromagnetic Field Treated Water
- Jiang PI, Jin-huan JIANG, Hua JIN, Xin WANG, Yuan PENG, Ji-ye CAI
- Corresponding Author
- Jiang PI
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.4How to use a DOI?
- Oridonin, Cancer, Special electromagnetic field treated water.
- Oridonin, the main pharmacological active substance isolated from Rabdosia Rubescens, has been found to show anti-inflammatory, pro-apoptotic, neurological effects, and excellent anticancer activities. However, the clinical application of oridonin is still limited by its poor solubility. The special electromagnetic field treated water (SEFT water) is served as a kind of high quality drinking water in China. In the present work, the SEFT water was used to test its effects on the anticancer activity of oridonin. And we found that the proliferation inhibition effects of oridonin in EC9706 cells were enhanced in SEFT water dissolved DMEM medium. And the apoptosis induction effects of oridonin in EC9706 cells were also enhanced in SEFT water dissolved DMEM medium, implying that SEFT water could enhance the anticancer effects of oridonin in cancer cells. It was also worth to note that the solubility of oridonin was also enhanced in SEFT water, which might contribute to the enhanced anticancer effects of oridonin in SEFT water dissolved medium for cancer cells.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiang PI AU - Jin-huan JIANG AU - Hua JIN AU - Xin WANG AU - Yuan PENG AU - Ji-ye CAI PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Anticancer Activity of Oridonin Against Esophageal Cancer Cells Enhanced by Special Electromagnetic Field Treated Water BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.4 ID - PI2017/05 ER -