Valvular Heart Disease-Related Feed-Forward Loop Network Reveals Some Biological Features for Disease Development
- Feng YANG, Ke LIU, Wei ZENG, Guang-bin WANG, Zheng-wen LI, Ke-li HUANG, Ni-ni RAO
- Corresponding Author
- Feng YANG
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.15How to use a DOI?
- Valvular heart disease (VHD), MicroRNA (miRNA), Transcription factor (TF), Gene, Feed-forward loop network (FFL).
- This study is to uncover VHD-related important biological features for understanding molecular of this disease. The system analysis strategy is applied to generate the first VHD-related FFL network. Then, the network topology is mapped into the biological space to refine the biological features of VHD. 4 miRNA, 4 TF and 34 gene hubs are identified and confirmed to play important roles in the occurrence and development of VHD. The signal pathways mediated by miRNA hubs are also predicted, where the processes that MAPK pathway mediated by has-let-7c induces VHD are explained. This study provides some new computational evidences for the understanding of VHD molecular mechanism, and also has important implications in terms of improving current therapeutic strategies of VHD.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feng YANG AU - Ke LIU AU - Wei ZENG AU - Guang-bin WANG AU - Zheng-wen LI AU - Ke-li HUANG AU - Ni-ni RAO PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Valvular Heart Disease-Related Feed-Forward Loop Network Reveals Some Biological Features for Disease Development BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.15 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.15 ID - YANG2017/05 ER -