Research Progress of Plant Calcium Nutrition and Calcium / Cold Signal Interaction
- Qing-wen SHI, Qiao-bo SONG, Hui-xin WANG, Chun-ming BAI, Di WU, Qi-ping DONG, Xin CHENG, Xiao-ri HAN, Yi-fei LIU
- Corresponding Author
- Qing-wen SHI
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.16How to use a DOI?
- Plant, Calcium, Calcium signals, Cold stress.
- Calcium, as the second messenger inside plants, is extensively involved in plant response and transduction of various stress signals. Plants shall generate calcium signals of specificity under stress, and this shall give a rise to a series of intracellular physiological and biochemical responses. Calcium ions, under cold stress, are able to lower phase transition temperature of membrane lipids, while also able to strengthen plant cold resistance through maintaining soluble sugar and protein content in cells, and increasing unsaturated lipid or fatty acid content in membrane lipids. A general review of research home and abroad over recent years is presented hereby on plant calcium nutrition and calcium/cold signal interaction and regulation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qing-wen SHI AU - Qiao-bo SONG AU - Hui-xin WANG AU - Chun-ming BAI AU - Di WU AU - Qi-ping DONG AU - Xin CHENG AU - Xiao-ri HAN AU - Yi-fei LIU PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Research Progress of Plant Calcium Nutrition and Calcium / Cold Signal Interaction BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.16 ID - SHI2017/05 ER -