A Study on the Local Electrochemical Processes Inside Cavities
- X. T. SUN, C. Y. ZHANG, X. S. CHEN
- Corresponding Author
- X. T. SUN
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.17How to use a DOI?
- Potential variation, Cavity, Polarization.
- In this paper, a set of experiments scanning real potential variations inside cavities under current control were employed to characterize local electrochemical information. The limiting diffusion current and the critical currents sustaining the supersaturation of dissolved gas and completed oxide film-formation were selected as the reference currents. It is demonstrated that for gas-evolving electrode, only the bubble sealing the cavity remarkably increases the total potential variation within cavities. Combined with the theoretical analysis and measurement results, kinetic parameters range inside cavities can be indirectly derived.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - X. T. SUN AU - C. Y. ZHANG AU - X. S. CHEN PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - A Study on the Local Electrochemical Processes Inside Cavities BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.17 ID - SUN2017/05 ER -