Immunoassays of Methionine Adenosyltransferase Activity, S-adenosylmethione and Their Applications
- Xiu-Juan Hao, Hui-Jun Li, Min Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Xiu-Juan Hao
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- S-adenosylmethionine,S-adenosylhomocysteine, Liver cancer, Methionine adenosyltransferase, Immunoassay.
- To understand how S-adenosylmethione (SAM) fluctuates in normal and cancerous liver cells, we developed novel methods for measuring methionine adenosyltransferase (MAT) activity and SAM. This method integrated MAT-catalyzed reaction and immunoassay that specifically and quantifies product SAM. IHC, IF and ELISA were used in measuring SAM and S-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH). SAM is mostly found in cytoplasm and less in nucleus whereas SAH is mostly found in nucleus. Levels of SAM and SAH were found to be reduced in cancer cells except for early stage when inflammation is boosted to fight against cancerous or other cell damages. 0.5mM methionine stimulated while S-nitrosoglutathione inhibited MAT-I/III activity and methylation index increased after methionine stimulationof L02 cells. Methionine inhibited while S-nitrosoglutathione had no effects on MAT-II activity and methylation index decreased after methionine stimulationof HepG2 cells. Immunoassays described provide better venues for further research on measuring MAT, SAM and SAH under various scenarios.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiu-Juan Hao AU - Hui-Jun Li AU - Min Zhou PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - Immunoassays of Methionine Adenosyltransferase Activity, S-adenosylmethione and Their Applications BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.12 ID - Hao2016/01 ER -