Inhibition of Activated Sludge Respiration by Laundry Washing Agents
- Hartmann Silvie, Skrobánková Hana, Havránek Ivo
- Corresponding Author
- Hartmann Silvie
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.10How to use a DOI?
- laundry washing agents; toxicity; respirometry; Vibrio fischeri; waste water treatment plant .
- Inhibition of the microbial activity caused by laundry washing agents was tested by two biotoxicity tests, respirometry and Vibrio fischeri. Eight samples of the different laundry washing agents (four powder and four liquid) were used. Respirometry tests showed higher inhibitory effects caused by powder laundry washing agents, whereas gel laundry washing agents were more toxic for Vibrio fischeri. The electrical conductivity of the laundry washing agents significantly affected the Vibrio fischeri inhibition.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hartmann Silvie AU - Skrobánková Hana AU - Havránek Ivo PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Inhibition of Activated Sludge Respiration by Laundry Washing Agents BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.10 ID - Silvie2015/08 ER -