Information Systems and Reverse Logistics: Promise for Future
- Maric Josip, Rodhain Florence, Barlette Yves
- Corresponding Author
- Maric Josip
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.39How to use a DOI?
- management; information systems; sustainability; reverse logistics.
- Sustainability is becoming increasingly significant for business researchers and practitioners, where Information Systems (IS) and sustainable development open up a new field of interesting issues to be addressed by scholars. In this paper, we present research-in-progress regarding IS and reverse logistics. Information Systems, in cohesion with closed-loop Supply Chains produce an innovative service developed to increase efficiency in sustainability efforts and gain increased market value. Our research is examining drivers of reverse logistics implementation, presenting ethical, legal and societal implications, as well as answering what is the role of IS in the process. Research model, tools of assessment, case studies identification and preliminary results are presented in the paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Maric Josip AU - Rodhain Florence AU - Barlette Yves PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Information Systems and Reverse Logistics: Promise for Future BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.39 ID - Josip2015/08 ER -