An Iterated Local Search for the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem
- Z.Z Wen, X.Y Dong, S. Han
- Corresponding Author
- Z.Z Wen
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.12How to use a DOI?
- SDVRP; Local Search; perturbation;Multi-restart
- A multi-restart iterated local search (MRSILS) algorithm is introduced for the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem (SDVRP). The initial solution is generated by the GENIUS and applied the local search procedure by removing one node from its current route and inserting it into the best locations, with the possibility of splitting its demand. A node inserting algorithm is proposed for SDVRP, trying to find a better solution by an insertion with the consideration of splitting the demand. The perturbation is applied while certain predefined continuous no improvement local search steps are occurred. In order to extend the search space and keeping the quality of the restart solution, a method is designed for the perturbation that the perturbed solution is chosen from an elite solution set, while the best solution is preferred. The object of this work is to minimize the total travel distance. Experimental results on a benchmark set show that the MRSILS is competitive with a state of the art algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Z.Z Wen AU - X.Y Dong AU - S. Han PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - An Iterated Local Search for the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.12 ID - Wen2015/06 ER -