Design of Compact Wideband Circularly Polarized Conical Helix
- J.N Mei, D.W Ding, G. Wang
- Corresponding Author
- J.N Mei
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.37How to use a DOI?
- circular polarization; helical antenna; conical helix; wideband antenna
- A novel compact wideband circularly-polarized (CP) helix antenna is presented in this paper. Unlike conventional helical geometry, our design adopts a tapered metal strip which is rolled into a conical shape and is simply fed by attaching to a 50? coaxial cable. All the configuration parameters are optimized by using modified multiobjective evolutionary algorithm based on decomposition (MOEA/D) for broad operation bandwidth. The proposed helix antenna provides a -10 dB impedance bandwidth of more than 81% from 2.1GHz to above 5GHz, a 3-dB axial-ratio bandwidth of 58% (2.4GHz~4.36GHz), and a 8dBi axial gain bandwidth of 72.5% (2.18GHz~4.66GHz), which leads to an effective CP operation bandwidth of 58%. The overall size of the design is 40mm×40mm× 40mm, i.e., 0.45?×0.45?×0.45? at the centre frequency of 3.38GHz. The compact size and wideband CP performance of this antenna make it promising for high speed wireless communication systems today.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - J.N Mei AU - D.W Ding AU - G. Wang PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Design of Compact Wideband Circularly Polarized Conical Helix BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.37 ID - Mei2015/06 ER -