Multi-ring PSK Constellation Design for Spatial Modulation Transmission
- P. Zhang, C.D Wang, G.Y Xu
- Corresponding Author
- P. Zhang
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.38How to use a DOI?
- spatial modulation; multi-ring PSK; MIMO; Rayleigh channels
- Spatial Modulation (SM) is a recently emerged Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) technique, which has been proved to be low-complexity and more energy-efficient compared with classical MIMO techniques. As an entirely novel hybrid modulation scheme, the performance of SM is highly dependent on the specific type of digital modulation schemes, and the digital modulation constellation optimizing is still a problem. In this paper, a novel digital modulation constellation design method suitable for SM transmission is proposed, which has multi-ring structure with each ring’s constellation similar with PSK constellation. Both analysis and simulation results show that the novel designed multi-ring constellation could provide superior performance compared with traditional PSK and QAM over independent Rayleigh fading channels.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - P. Zhang AU - C.D Wang AU - G.Y Xu PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Multi-ring PSK Constellation Design for Spatial Modulation Transmission BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.38 ID - Zhang2015/06 ER -