Optimized 3-step Skew Spoke Type BLAC Motor Cogging Torque Reduction Technique for EPS Application
- S. Saha, S.A Kim, Y.H Cho
- Corresponding Author
- S. Saha
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.50How to use a DOI?
- EPS; 3-step skewing; spoke type BLAC; cogging torque; FEA
- In electric power steering (EPS), spoke type brushless ac (BLAC) motors offer distinct advantages over other electric motor types in terms torque smoothness, reliability and efficiency. This paper deals with the shape optimization of spoke type BLAC motor, in order to reduce cogging torque. This paper examines 3 step skewing rotor angle, optimizing rotor core edge and rotor overlap length for reducing cogging torque in spoke type BLAC motor. The methods were applied to existing machine designs and their performance was calculated using finite- element analysis (FEA). Prototypes of the machine designs were constructed and experimental results obtained. It is shown that the FEA predicted the cogging torque to be nearly reduce using those method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - S. Saha AU - S.A Kim AU - Y.H Cho PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Optimized 3-step Skew Spoke Type BLAC Motor Cogging Torque Reduction Technique for EPS Application BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.50 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.50 ID - Saha2015/06 ER -