A Study on the Advanced Twelve Step Sensor-Less Control of BLDCM Using FOC
- S.A Kim, S.I Byun, Y.H Cho
- Corresponding Author
- S.A Kim
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.49How to use a DOI?
- sensor-less control; twelve steps; BLDCM; FOC
- The zero crossing detection is essential in twelve sensors-less control using back-EMF. To increase output power of Brushless DC motor (BLDCM), traditional twelve step control has extended active angular period. It has drawback which become unstable the performance of the drive system in rated load condition because a period for detecting zero crossing point of terminal voltage is reduced. To solve this problem, this paper proposes the advanced twelve step sensor-less control of a BLDCM using field oriented control (FOC), which combines the traditional twelve step sensor-less drive scheme and single shunt three phase current reconstruction algorithm. The effectiveness of this proposed control is verified by the simulation and experiment result according to the comparison of the output characteristics between the traditional and proposed control.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - S.A Kim AU - S.I Byun AU - Y.H Cho PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - A Study on the Advanced Twelve Step Sensor-Less Control of BLDCM Using FOC BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.49 ID - Kim2015/06 ER -