The Impacts of Arctic Passages Opening on China's International Shipping
- Yiying Liu, Qiqi Zhao, Houming Fan, Xi Yao
- Corresponding Author
- Yiying Liu
Available Online April 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.35How to use a DOI?
- Arctic passage; International shipping; Container shipping; Crude oil shipping; Bulk shipping
- Aiming at the natural features and assisting navigation status on the Arctic routes, the impacts of Arctic shipping on China's container shipping, crude oil import shipping and bulk cargo shipping are analyzed. It is concluded that the Arctic navigation will reduce the shipping cost. The economic potential it brings will make a positive impact on the international shipping between China-Europe, and China-eastern America. With the further melting of the Arctic ice, assisting navigation's cost can be reduced or even canceled. And the rapid development of navigation technology, the shipbuilding technology will make Arctic routes the important link among China, the United States and Europe.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yiying Liu AU - Qiqi Zhao AU - Houming Fan AU - Xi Yao PY - 2016/04 DA - 2016/04 TI - The Impacts of Arctic Passages Opening on China's International Shipping BT - 6th International Conference on Electronic, Mechanical, Information and Management Society PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.35 ID - Liu2016/04 ER -