Impacts of the Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: Case Studies in Vietnam and Shenzhen China
- Nguyen Trung Thanh, Do Thi Linh
- Corresponding Author
- Nguyen Trung Thanh
Available Online April 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.37How to use a DOI?
- Monetary policy;Stock prices;ARDL model
- The sensitivity of the stock market to the monetary policy leading to the study of the impact of monetary policy on stock market is extremely important (For each different market, reactions of stock index also differ. Therefore, this paper is conducted to assess the impact of monetary policy on the stock price index in Vietnam market and Shenzhen (China) from 2006 to 2015. The authors use the ARDL model to find out and compare the impact of monetary policy on stock price in two markets. As a result, it shows that the monetary policies are significant in changing the stock price. In particular, interest rates, money supply and reserved ratio have opposite effects on stock prices in Vietnam; For the Shenzhen market, the reserved ratio have immediate positive impact on the stock price of Shenzhen.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nguyen Trung Thanh AU - Do Thi Linh PY - 2016/04 DA - 2016/04 TI - Impacts of the Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: Case Studies in Vietnam and Shenzhen China BT - 6th International Conference on Electronic, Mechanical, Information and Management Society PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-16.2016.37 ID - Thanh2016/04 ER -