TRANSPORTATION POLICIES FOR JAKARTA'S CONGESTION
- Rohana Sitanggang, Euis Saribanon
- Corresponding Author
- Rohana Sitanggang
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.3How to use a DOI?
- Policy, Transportation, Congestion.
- Traffic congestion in DKI Jakarta Province has become a very distressing problem. Due to the increasing number of vehicles and people's mobility, nowadays Jakarta is constructing more road infrastructures in several areas. To overcome the problem, DKI Jakarta needs quick and proper improvements involving various related parties. In the meantime, public's perception towards the policy of urban transportation system, especially in Jakarta, tends to classify certain party in which it leads to the users of private vehicle, and neglects the interest of people who mostly use public transportation. The aim of this study is to determine the most relevant policy on transportation system to overcome the congestion problem in DKI Jakarta. This study used qualitative research with Delphi method. Through the method of purposive sampling and quoted sampling, the writers found five informants from related agencies and experts, then Focus Grup Discussion (FGD) was conducted. The result showed that the policy of the most relevant transportation system is the one constructed together by all mutually integrated related parties
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rohana Sitanggang AU - Euis Saribanon PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - TRANSPORTATION POLICIES FOR JAKARTA'S CONGESTION BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.3 ID - Sitanggang2017/11 ER -