THE ROLE OF RAILWAY INTEGRATED DISTRIBUTION CENTERS IN INDUSTRIAL ZONES TO IMPROVE LOGISTICS COMPETITIVENESS
- Lis Lesmini, Raden Didiet Rahmat Hidayat, Mohammad Iqbal Firdaus, Johanes Kurniawan Liew
- Corresponding Author
- Lis Lesmini
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.4How to use a DOI?
- freight railway, logistics center
- To keep competitive price of goods, the cost of logistics goods transport should be low. Shipment of goods in Java Island is dominated by trucks as high as 98% while the use of trains is only 2%. Truck-based goods transport poses problems from traffic congestion to high fuel inefficiency. Logistics centers integrated with freight railway have become one of the options to solve the the problem. Using qualitative approach, this study aims to investigate how freight railway integrated logistic center improve smooth flow of goods transport. Data collection was obtained through non structured, semi structured and depth interviews. In addition, focus group discussion was also conducted to collect data based on different perspectives from various stakeholders. The result is freight railway in logistics centers if managed properly is capable of lowering lead time, freight costs of goods, and reducing traffic density of highways.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lis Lesmini AU - Raden Didiet Rahmat Hidayat AU - Mohammad Iqbal Firdaus AU - Johanes Kurniawan Liew PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - THE ROLE OF RAILWAY INTEGRATED DISTRIBUTION CENTERS IN INDUSTRIAL ZONES TO IMPROVE LOGISTICS COMPETITIVENESS BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.4 ID - Lesmini2017/11 ER -