COORDINATION SYSTEM FOR INDONESIAN DISASTER RELIEF DISTRIBUTION OPERATIONS THROUGH INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Irma Dwiputranti, Adriyani Oktora, Liane Okdinawati
- Corresponding Author
- Irma Dwiputranti
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.6How to use a DOI?
- disaster management, disaster relief operation, information system, coordination, distribution, monitoring
- A disaster is an event caused by several factors such as natural and/or non-natural factors and human factors. Disaster not only threatens and disrupts people's lives but also will cause human casualties, environmental damage, property loss, and psychological impact. One of the challenges in disaster management is how disaster management conducted that include distribution of disaster relief can be done quickly, effectively and efficiently and also channeled to disaster victims. Moreover, when conducting disaster management, the authority often faced several problems such as the process of distributing disaster relief often encountered barriers; disaster victims received late disaster assistance or even cannot receive disaster assistance in accordance with their needs. Therefore, information system application is needed to assist in the process of distribution, coordination, management, and monitoring of disaster relief. The information system is designed to improve the performance of disaster relief operations that can be used by all parties including Government, NGO, and private parties, even the public. The information system is expected to be used as a coordination tool and medium that can integrate all parties involved in order to improve the disaster relief distribution operations effectively, efficiently, and transparently.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Irma Dwiputranti AU - Adriyani Oktora AU - Liane Okdinawati PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - COORDINATION SYSTEM FOR INDONESIAN DISASTER RELIEF DISTRIBUTION OPERATIONS THROUGH INFORMATION SYSTEM BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.6 ID - Dwiputranti2017/11 ER -