OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS OF CONTAINER TRUCK ON CONGESTION AT TANJUNG PRIOK PORT
- Tedy Herdian, Tridoyo Kusumastanto, Bagus Sartono, Hafida Fahmiasari
- Corresponding Author
- Tedy Herdian
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.7How to use a DOI?
- Congestion, Container Terminal, Port, Empty Trip, Movement Pattern, Container Truck.
- The operation of container trucks at Tanjung Priok Port, which includes the movement pattern and empty trip has the potential to congestion at the port. Data analysis was conducted with the population of the terminal operating system (TOS) in Koja Container Terminal (TPK Koja), as much as 1,115,344 row data in two years. The data were obtained from the results of in-depth interviews with the heads of trucking entrepreneurs associations and management. There are 17,143 container trucks operated to pick up & deliver 578,963 containers in 2015. The pattern of container truck carrying one container in a single trip is more than 80%. The inbound and outbound empty trips of container trucks in 2016 at the Port of Tanjung Priok are 1,522,727 and 1,908,227. The addition of Tanjung Priok Port capacity, the development of toll road access and new rail mode in the port do not necessarily reduce congestion at the port. A plan of having a barge system requires expensive investment but feared will not reduce congestion significantly. Port stakeholders, both government and employers need to collaborate to build a reliable container truck transportation system by the best practice and the uniqueness of Tanjung Priok Port. It is time for stakeholders at the port to see the congestion problem from the operational perspective of the container truck. The port will still be burdened by congestion if the container truck operation is not considered determinedly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tedy Herdian AU - Tridoyo Kusumastanto AU - Bagus Sartono AU - Hafida Fahmiasari PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS OF CONTAINER TRUCK ON CONGESTION AT TANJUNG PRIOK PORT BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.7 ID - Herdian2017/11 ER -