ANALYSIS OF THE PROVISION OF RIVER DOCKS ON THE MUSI RIVER BASED ON PASSENGERS AND GOODS TRIP GENERATION
- Indah Novianty, Yosi Pahala, Sri Rahardjo, Wawan Darwan
- Corresponding Author
- Indah Novianty
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.11How to use a DOI?
- Trip Generation, River Transportation
- Musi River is a leading tourist destination in the city of Palembang and has a huge potential to be developed. It has 33 attracting places that can be accessed by boat. The purpose of this research is to know the level of requirement of river stop at Musi River Palembang City from supply and demand side so that can be identified what things need to be improved of its service to boast the existence of the river stop as a part of transportation system in Palembang city especially in tourism field. This study uses a method of generating motion, i.e. modeling stages that estimate the number of movements coming from a zone and the amount of movement that is attracted to a zone. This research needs a study about performance of river transportation in city. It requires a plan as an effort to increase the activity of river transportation as an alternative transportation to reduce road network load. In addition, it is necessary to plan the integration of inter-modal (river and land transportation), so that there will be ease of connection for river transportation users who will continue their journey using land transportation and vice versa and as well as efforts to increase the attractiveness of river transportation by combining the concept of waterfront city.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Indah Novianty AU - Yosi Pahala AU - Sri Rahardjo AU - Wawan Darwan PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - ANALYSIS OF THE PROVISION OF RIVER DOCKS ON THE MUSI RIVER BASED ON PASSENGERS AND GOODS TRIP GENERATION BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.11 ID - Novianty2017/11 ER -