LITHIUM BATTERY HANDLING AS AIR CARGO
- Wynd Rizaldy, Simon Gultom, Salahuddin Raffi, Agus Setiawan
- Corresponding Author
- Wynd Rizaldy
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.13How to use a DOI?
- Lithium Battery; Implementation; Flight Safety
- The paper objective is to maintain flight safety and zero accident related to handling of Lithium battery during flight. "Flight safety determined by various factors which related to human factors, both prelight and in-flight service"(Kania, 2016). This Paper review and analyze the Lithium Battery handling's section on International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulation (IATA DGR) latest edition, especially related to United Number and Packing Instruction for four types of Lithium Battery with UN3480-PI965, UN3481-PI966/967, UN3090-PI968, UN3091-PI969/970 about Lithium Battery types, packing, documentation and handling. On the other hand, it is also found that the company has some weaknesses such as lack of transport owned by the vendor, lack of supervised-material system, undetailed-packing process, less communication and coordination between branches and the minimum number of vendors (Azhar & Rizaldy, 2015) this could be risk in handling of the Lithium Battery. This paper method is descriptive-explorative using a quantitative qualitative data source from International Civil Aviation Organization Technical Instruction (ICAO TI), and IATA DGR, Recommendation from Pilot Association, public policy analysis and Forum Group Discussion (FGD) and Dangerous Goods Panel (DGP) on the workshop related to the Lithium Battery specifically. The results of this paper is encourage party especially between warehouse operator or ground handling and pilot in command to find the correct procedures in implementing dangerous goods handling of Lithium Battery in the near future.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wynd Rizaldy AU - Simon Gultom AU - Salahuddin Raffi AU - Agus Setiawan PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - LITHIUM BATTERY HANDLING AS AIR CARGO BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.13 ID - Rizaldy2017/11 ER -