THE IMPACT OF CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE AND AIRCRAFT TYPE SELECTION ON INDONESIA AIRLINES BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY
- Muhammad Iqbal L, Kevin Dennis R, Charles An
- Corresponding Author
- Muhammad Iqbal L
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.35How to use a DOI?
- Currency Exchange, Aircraft Type, Aircraft Selection, Total Operating Cost, Sustainability
- Throughout the 2012-2016 the exchange rate of rupiah against the dollar depreciated or weakened that can be quite influential, US dollar was common currency in airline business fluctuating or change in currency exchange rate cannot be negligible because its impact to cost, most of the total cost of operating an airline is a plane and every aircraft has different operating costs because each aircraft have different capabilities and performance, aircraft costs that higher even slightly above the cost frontier becomes economically uncompetitive, event there are exceptions but only for very small size depend on condition and needs, aircraft type selection become very important because the size of the total operating cost of the airline depends on the type of aircraft used by the airline, it also affects the size of the profits or losses received by the airline where the sustainability and healthy or not business on the airline determined by these two factors, and because the size of the total cost of the operation determines how much the price will be charged to passengers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muhammad Iqbal L AU - Kevin Dennis R AU - Charles An PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - THE IMPACT OF CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE AND AIRCRAFT TYPE SELECTION ON INDONESIA AIRLINES BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.35 ID - IqbalL2017/11 ER -