AIRPORT DISASTER MANAGEMENT PLAN TOWARDS NATURAL DISASTER
- Muhamad Agil Saputra, Ready Satrio A, Veronica Veronica
- Corresponding Author
- Muhamad Agil Saputra
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.36How to use a DOI?
- Airport Disaster Management Plan, Airport Emergency Plan, Natural Disaster, Pre-Disaster, Post Disaster
- This paper outlines the Airport Disaster Management Plan towards the unexpected natural disaster. Mount Agung eruption issue has distracted the passengers to visit Bali as the world's tourist attraction. I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport as the air gateway to Bali should prepare for the pre-in-post of this natural disaster. In this paper, we propose the holistic steps as the best practices related to the Airport Disaster Management Plan mixed with several kinds of literature study of the former experts, as well as deliver the actual condition of the airport during the Mount Agung eruption issue. We use primary data from interview with the airport experts and secondary data from airport reports related to this Mount Agung eruption issue. Then, we assemble them into one discussion with descriptive approach. Many resources such as available stakeholders in the business and government resources can be utilized when a disaster occurs to achieve an agile and resilient airport operation during a natural disaster. This paper gathers that the understanding and eloquent management of such events could be vastly improved through the implementation of Airport Emergency Plan through Airport Disaster Management Plan when facing a specific disaster.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muhamad Agil Saputra AU - Ready Satrio A AU - Veronica Veronica PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - AIRPORT DISASTER MANAGEMENT PLAN TOWARDS NATURAL DISASTER BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.36 ID - Saputra2017/11 ER -