A COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS OF AIRLINE INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA REGARDING ASEAN OPEN SKIES POLICY CASE STUDY : GARUDA INDONESIA AIRLINES
- Cintya Dwi Lestari, Lathifah Husnun, Salahudin Rafi, Novi Indah S
- Corresponding Author
- Cintya Dwi Lestari
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.37How to use a DOI?
- ASEAN, open skies policy, aviation industry, cannibalism market, sustainable air transport.
- At this era of globalization, air transport is at its peak. The purpose of this research is to review how airline in Indonesia able to survive for the sustainable air transport, therefore the potentials can be identified to develop by the airline in the future constantly. The focus of this research is to find out how strength the aviation industry in order to survive in this cannibalism market. The researchers focuse on Garuda Indonesia airline.The method of the research was descriptive qualitative with SWOT analysis. Data sources used primary data and secondary data. Primary data sources were taken from interview, while secondary data used existing theories such as articles, journals, website, and other documents related to the research problem. This study concludes that with the ASEAN open sky, cannibalism in the aviation industry is increasingly tight. Therefore, Indonesia should maintain sustainable transportation, in this case the airline, that can be equal with other ASEAN airlines
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cintya Dwi Lestari AU - Lathifah Husnun AU - Salahudin Rafi AU - Novi Indah S PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - A COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS OF AIRLINE INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA REGARDING ASEAN OPEN SKIES POLICY CASE STUDY : GARUDA INDONESIA AIRLINES BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.37 ID - Lestari2017/11 ER -