HOW TO REDUCE CARGO DAMAGE?
- Nurul Oktaviani, Zahra Arin Yadia, Nursery Nasution, Veronica Veronica
- Corresponding Author
- Nurul Oktaviani
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.57How to use a DOI?
- performance, damage cargo, risk possibility, interview, fishbone, descriptive
- The objective of this paper is to improve the perfomance of cargo delivery by minimazing the number of cargo damage. This paper explains the steps to reduce cargo damage and also explains what the usual reasons are that cause damage to cargo. The most important things to be noticed is how to handle the cargo and how to reduce the number of risk possibility by finding the things that may cause it.Fishbone diagrams and interview were used to collect data. Fishbone diagrams were used to identify and classify the causes and the effect of it. Therefore, this paper was explained using descriptive analysis method.The results of this paper said most of cargo damage are as follows packing torn, dent and wet. Cargo damage may occur due to 5 causes: human, methods, machines or tools, environment and material.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurul Oktaviani AU - Zahra Arin Yadia AU - Nursery Nasution AU - Veronica Veronica PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - HOW TO REDUCE CARGO DAMAGE? BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.57 ID - Oktaviani2017/11 ER -